Friday, February 24, 2017

fishing no fish....

Today we went fishing on the Rio Paraguay.....annnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddd we caught nothing!!!!!! Surprise surprise. I already knew I did not like fishing when we went, but everyone wanted to go so I kind of had no choice. President Evans is a huge fisher so he was pretty excited. It was really hot, Elder Murphy got really really sun-burned, and we didn't see any fish on hooks for 3 hours. But hey, it was something different and now I can check something off the list of "things to never do again in Paraguay". 

This morning, Elder Crofts, Murphy and I went to an anciana's house to cut her grass. It was a lot of grass. But it was super fun. After almost 3 hours we finished. To be honest, it wasnt a profesional job. It would not have passed for my mom's yard inspection, but with a Paraguayan weed wacker, it was the best we could do. She gave us some homemade mango ice cream after that was soooo good! So it was a win win for all of us.


While I was reading in Alma this week, I really liked the story about the lamanita pueblo that converted to the gospel from the teachings of Ammon. I loved verse 19 in chapter 24:

19 And thus we see that, when these Lamanites were brought to believe and to know the truth, they were firm, and would suffer even unto death rather than commit sin; and thus we see that they buried their weapons of peace, or they buried the weapons of war, for peace.

"They were firm". They would have rather died than kill their brothers. I have had the blessing, like many of you, to know that this church is true, to know that Christ is my Savior. Would we rather die than commit sin? These people showed a love to God that is very hard for me to understand at times. But, I do know where their firm foundation comes. It comes from Christ. If we build our testimony on Christ, we will not fall when Satan "sends his mighty winds" at us as Helaman teaches us in Helaman 5:12. Christ is our Savior, Lord and Redeemer. Only through him can we be saved, only through him can we be lifted up in our trials, only through believing in him, can we begin to build our foundation of faith so that when sin comes our way, we like the people of Ammon, would rather die than commit sin. I know Christ's love is there for all of us. We were sent here to Earth to learn for ourselves and progress. We are not perfect, but we are to become perfect and only through Christ will we ever reach that righteous goal. 

Love you all!
Elder Zaugg

Pics: 

So we went to dinner with Hno Galeano. Seriously one of the coolest guys I have ever met. he speaks amazing english too. (Really the whole family speaks amazing english). In fact, he was the one that translated for elder rasband when he came! i have never met a man so optomistic and happy. He is definitely a man I look up too!





No comments:

Post a Comment