Friday, February 3, 2017

Car Crash ????

"Hey Elder ###. So how many lessons with a member present did you have this....Oh my gosh! Slow down! Hey Hey heyyyyy!!!!.......   *phone shuts off*" 

We were with the assistants on the way back from Mariano Sunday night and I was talking with another missionary to see how their week was going when I had a bright idea to prank them. :) So we pretended that we crashed. This missionary knew that I was with Elder Behrens and Elder Crofts, but didn't know Elder Fairbanks was there. Elder Crofts turned off his phone and we let Elder Behrens phone ring. So, he called Elder Fairbanks. 

"Hey! I think Elder Zaugg and them got in a crash!" 
Elder Fairbanks- "Oh really?! What happened? Why?"
"We were talking and then I heard yelling and the phone shut off and I can't get ahold of any of them!"

So Elder Fairbanks told them he would figure out what to do, talk with president, and go look for us. He told them to keep calling to try and get ahold of us. Well, about 5 minutes later, we had stopped on a back road, put the radio to a static sound super loud. I put the phone outside the window and when they called, I answered it and Elder Behrens began honking an "alarm" tone. They hung up and immediately called Elder Fairbanks.

"Oh yep. They got in a crash sí o sí! I heard honking. They could have rolled it! I know how Elder Behrens drives!"

So Elder Fairbanks explained to keep calm, to keep it on the down low for now and he would talk to President. I then turned on my phone and gave them a call. I began the conversation where I had left off, like nothing had happened!

"Elder Zaugg? Are you ok?"
"Yeah I'm fine, why? I just didn't finish rendiring and need to get the rest of the totals real quick!"
"Oh, I thought you got in a crash?"
"What? No we are fine!"
"Oh...ok thats really good then haha. Can I call you back in 5 minutes?"

He called Elder Fairbanks to let him know they got ahold of us....Man we were dying laughing. I finished talking with them and didn't say a single thing about it! It was so funny. They were actually pretty scared...haha I called them a little later to tell them it was all a prank and they asked me if Elder Fairbanks believed us too? Then I told him Elder Fairbanks was with us....they got a good laugh out of that! haha

Week before changes. I am about to start my 8th, yes, 8th change here in the office! I am almost sure I will have my replacement that I train for this change.

We had a zone conference this week. It was a really good one. We spent the morning studying the Plan of Salvation with President, just discussing it and asking what ever questions we had. Then, we spoke about faith. We studied the scriptures for verses about faith and applied them to how we could teach investigators to truly have faith. But not faith in us as missionaries, or even faith in the church, but faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. If we really want to be converted to Jesus Christ, we have to build our testimonies on Him. We shouldn't build our testimony on the church, on Joseph Smith, or the book of mormon. All of those will be parts of our testimonies, and components to strengthen it. But when the winds and trials come, in order to not fall completely, we need to have a firm foundation of Christ. He is our Savior. He redeems us of our mistakes and flaws. I know he lives. He is the light of the world and the way back to our Heavenly Father. All we need to do is follow is gospel, his teachings to be able to receive all the blessings that are in store for us!

Elder Zaugg


Sorry...no pictures this week. My computer has a virus and destroys the USB that gets plugged into it, but Elder Cárdenas is working on it! He is super good with computers!! 

We will take pictures at Johnny Rockets today for Elder Avellaneda's birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment