Monday, October 26, 2015

Semana 17 Shut the door, keep out the Devil 749.8 miles walked in Paraguay


Well I received a couple emails asking why I was in asuncion last week! Just to make it all clear, yes I got there and back safely! I had to go to apply for my 2 year Visa, because right now I am here on a 3 month visa. It was a 24 hour trip there and back, so I really did not stay and do much there, just sign a couple papers and drive for a long time haha. 
Anyways, nothing too exciting happened this week except my next story, which was super cool.

So, remember the family that I had the miracle orange story with a couple weeks ago? We had another cool experience with them this week. But first, BACKGROUND INFO- So for the past 2 or 3 weeks, Cristian has been boarding up his house everyday, windows, and doors and anything that seems easy to get into the wooden boarded house of his. We have helped him a little bit, but why? Well because he told us every night, he and his family can hear someone trying to get into his house at the middle of night, but they do not know why! So he was fixing it up to make it harder to get in. Well now, back to the story this week. We get a call from him and he asks us to come over. So we walk over, wondering what he is going to ask. He then explains that both his wife and his son have seen things in his house, such as spirits, and they are super scared. So, he asked us to help him to bless the house. So us three went into the house, and my comp began the prayer. Right when he started the prayer, and just before as we knelt down, I had this weird feeling surround me, a super stange feeling that I knew was not right. And it continued up until Elder Stanley asked for a blessing on the house and that all evil spirits there would leave. Immediately, I was filled with peace, the Holy Ghost. From the top of my head to my toes, all I felt was peace. It was so strong and in that moment, I knew any evil spirits that had been there were gone. It was a really cool experience. I am so greatful for the Priesthood and the power and authority to act in the name of God. I know He has all power, and anything we ask of him, which is good, he will grant unto us. 

More info, after we left the house, Elder Stanley and I put it together that nobody has been trying to get into their house at night at all. Because every time they thought someone was trying to get in, they did not see anyone. We then realized what was actually bothering them every night. Also, we were then told by another missionary that has been in the area that the previous owner of Cristians house was possessed by an evil spirit, and the other missionarries were called in to help her. 
So yeah, that house has had some crazy stories. 

In other news, I am safe, doing great, and loving paraguay! 
Thanks for all the emails and for the updates!
Love you all!
Elder Zaugg

We have been going to this home on Friday's for Lunch!  They have a parrot.  






We eat with the Elder's from this branch.




 I have missed Strawberries!!!

This was seriously the best!

 Even sending the recipe so you can figure out how to make it



A birthday Party for Perla and her two daughters.  Perla is a member that is originally from Brazil.



Perla made all the cakes herself.  She is so awesome and smart!  She has taught her children a few things in English, and they can say it without an accent.  Amazing!





Elder Stanley with family/friends of Perla at Birthday Party


Perla and her daughters



 This is Emerson, he is a cool 15 year old kid 


 His house has been without water for two months, so we are digging a trench from the neighbors house that has water to theirs.



Step Stats
mon  5040    2.7
tues  18309  10.3
wed   19490  10.7
thur   22338  12.3
frid    17814  9.7
sat    17333  9.5
sun   15798   8.6

totals 116122 steps and 63.8 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment