Monday, June 27, 2016

Big Changes

Hey friends and fam! I hope you all are having a great summer back in AZ-Cali-Utah or whever you are! Well, its been another great week here in the mission-a mission that is about to have some big changes! President McMullin leaves next Friday. Wow. I couldn´t believe it when we were planning the next two weeks as an office staff and he said, "And next Friday, President Evans comes". Elder Crofts and I looked to each other and said, "I´m gonna cry." haha He has helped me so much, I´m going to miss President McMullin! But, I am also excited to experience another mission president. I know President Evans was called of God and will be an awesome replacement!!

Right now, as a mission we are reading the 4 gospels: Matthew Mark Luke and John. I love reading about Christ´s life because of the power and authority he has. One of my favorite stories (really there are a lot though) is when Christ heals the paralytic. His friends bring him to Jesus, lower him down into the house with faith that Christ can heal him. Jesus recognized their faith and said to the paralytic, "Man, thy sins are forgiven thee." The pharisees get angry with Jesus, saying nobody but God can forgive sins.

 22 But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answering said unto them, What reason ye in your hearts?
23 Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk?
 24 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins(he said unto the sick of the palsy,) say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house.
When I read this story,it just hits me how so hard that Christ is the Son of Man AND God.  He is our Savior.  If we put our trust in Him, He will help us in our lives.  He suffered for our sins, so now we have the opportunity to receive forgiveness and return to live with our Father in Heaven and our Families forever.  I will forever be in debt to Christ, my Savior.

We are still working with the Familia "P" family. "S" and her sobrina are really really loving it. They are always marking up the Book of Mormon and really trying to learn. She has a baptismal date in July, we are hoping she comes to church soon. Her husband is a super awesome guy, is always with us in the lessons but is not as "convinced" as he says. He loves listening and singing the hymns but he is not looking to make a change just yet. But it is ok, because I have learned that it doesn´t matter if he gets baptized now or in 5 years from now, if I am here or if I´m not. What matters is this is the Lord´s work and He needs my help, maybe right now it is only to plant the seed with "A", or be a friend. Either way, we need to be doing our best each and every day to help Him in his work.


Today was a historic day really.  President McMullin and Bryant (his son)came and played 5:30 am soccer with us.  And it really ended in a story book ending for President.  Around 6:30 he yells, "Next goal wins!"  Well, after 2 min, the ball goes to and someone throws it in and President McMullin heads it in to win the game.  It was bound to happen, really wan't possible to top it off haha.  But the best part... we got to be part of this FIRST ever self (with an iPhone too).  Picture is attached.  Its pretty great! haha Then we went TGI fridays with Bryant for lunch and that didn't disappoint.

Another thing that happened this week, buying beds. We got new beds and mattresses for some missionaries this week, luckily that was my big project. And the best part is that I bargained in 3 free "air flow memory foam" pillows. So now, I got a brand new pillow and the assistants are pretty happy as well haha. We were so happy we made them take a picture of us.

Shoutout to my sis Chloe for getting her full on the floor in gymnastics. It looks so good. #goldmedalstatus and another shoutout to my bro cutter for being a baller. and to clay for being a dope dare devil and to lucy for being super awesome and and keeping my dog alive until I get back(you can do it Roxy)
Hasta luego
Elder Zaugg









No comments:

Post a Comment