Monday, May 2, 2016

20....what?!

First of all, thank you everyone for the bday wishes and shoutouts! And for everyone that helped my mom out with the bday photos! I absolutely loved it! I cant believe I'm 20 now. Definitely dont feel like it! It was definitely a different birthday but it was still so great! Hna Maria made me some gluten free pasta and a gluten free waffle with whip cream, strawberry jam, and vanilla ice cream. Real american vanilla ice cream. I was so stinking happy it was heaven. Then, that night we went to Alfredo and Val´s house. They are from Brasil and do not speak spanish, only Portuguese so we are learning some of that. Luckily, I understand everything in Portuguese, now they are teaching us how to speak! haha it was super fun! She made feijao, rice, and chicken for my birthday, basically my favorite!! They are such a cool family, a couple months ago they got baptized and then moved here, to Campo Grande.

This area is a lot nicer than my previous areas. Honestly, half of it is super rich, and the other half is middle class. There aren't too many poor houses here, which is such a contrast to my other areas! It is different not being able to work in the field as much, just from 6-9pm. But already at 6 it is super dark so most people dont want to talk to us, but hey, we keep on trying! 


One perk about being in the office is I get to listen to music and conference talks all day while I am working. One talk I listened to this week was from Elder Holland (really I listen to a lot of his talks). "Safety for the Soul"  He talks about the Book of Mormon, he testifies of the Book of Mormon, of Joseph Smith, of the reality and truth that is in this book. And now, I have the chance to do this. I have the chance to bring this special book to all the people I interact with in Paraguay. Why is this book so special? If you do not know, go read it. Find out for yourself! But, I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know it contains the fullness of the gospel and will guide us back to live with our Heavenly Father again if we just follow the iron rod. This is an excerpt from Elder Hollands talk, one that when I heard it, chilled my whole body and I received yet another confirmation from the Holy Ghost that the book is true:


Now, I did not sail with the brother of Jared in crossing an ocean,  settling in a new world. I did not hear King Benjamin speak his  angelically  delivered sermon. I did not proselyte with Alma and  Amulek nor  witness the fiery death of innocent believers. I was not among the Nephite crowd who touched the wounds of the resurrected Lord, nor did I weep with Mormon and Moroni over the  destruction of an entire civilization. But my testimony of this record  and the peace it brings to the human heart is as binding and  unequivocal as was theirs. Like them, “[I] give [my name] unto the  world, to witness unto the world that which [I] have seen.” And like them, “[I] lie not, God bearing witness of it.”13
I ask that my testimony of the Book of Mormon and all that it implies,  given today under my own oath and office, be recorded by men on  earth and angels in heaven. I hope I have a few years left in my “last days,” but whether I do or do not, I want it absolutely clear when I  stand before the judgment bar of God that I declared to the world, in the most straightforward language I could summon, that the Book of Mormon is true, that it came forth the way Joseph said it came forth and was given to bring happiness and hope to the faithful in the  travail of the latter days.
I am so grateful for the words of the modern day prophets and apostles. I love you all, hope you have such a great week! 
Elder Zaugg
PICS
1.gluten free waffle and Hna Maria
2. Val and Arturo and there son Yago

3. Cranner family! So awesome, we have 2 american families in our ward! They both work in the US embassy! They gave us lunch on Sunday and some lucky charms to take home!:)




No comments:

Post a Comment