Monday, April 3, 2017

Marriage Miracles!

"I am the light of the world: He that flloweth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life" (John 8:12). What a blessing it is to have His light in my life. Christ conquers the darkness and negativity in the world. I loved Elder Bragg's talk about the light of the world. If we look to the light of the church, gospel, and Christ, we won't have to walk in darkness. As I study Christ, I constantly learn more about Him and who He is. Like I said, I truly am blessed to feel his light guiding my life. I know that occasionally, his light seems to have disappeared and we suddenly find ourselves in a tunnel of darkness. For some, that light is really hard to see. Satan is miserable. He wants us to be miserable. He uses every tool he can to make us feel like he is, especially mental illnesses. So many peaople struggle seeing the light of Christ while burdoned with this heavy weight. Elder Gibson was a really close friend. I grew to love him in the short months I knew him. This past week he passed away. President Evans called me in to let me know. It was a hard moment. However, He said something that I loved. "Depression is one of the fences that affects mortality. Once we pass on, that fence does not pass with us. Elder Gibson will now be able to hear the gospel without that fence." I know Elder Gibson will cling onto the light of Christ and never let go. I can't wait to see him again. The plan of Salvation is real. God sent his Son to die all manner of afflictions for us so that we can return to live with Him. His atoning sacrifice gives him power to help us in our times of need, in our afflictions, temptations, pains, trials, etc. President Nelson said that we can receive the power of Christ as we:
  1. Learn of Him and His atoning sacrifice
  2. Choose to have faith and follow him
  3. Make and keep our covenants
  4. Turn to him with faith
If we spiritually stretch ourselves, he will give us His power to help us conquer the fences that exist in this life. 

We are working with a lot of people that are turning to the light of Christ, that are learning of him and are getting ready to make baptismal covenants. This week we had a miracle. We went to visit the Caceres family with a member, Hno Caceres (same last name). He instantly became their friend. While talking, he asked if they had plans to get married. The miracle? They are married!!! Elder Perez told me they were not, but they have been married for 8 years!. We ate dinner with them and watched the Restoration. They all have prayed and believe Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that the Book Of Mormon is true. We are so stoked and blessed to be working with them!

Elder Zaugg

PICS:
1. The Caceres Family!
2. Our dogs ;)

3. Pedro. Another super cool guy. He is getting baptized on the 22 of April!










No comments:

Post a Comment