Monday, March 20, 2017

CHANGES

Well, after 1 week in Aregua, I am headed out! I was actually a little sad. I loved Aregua, and we found a bunch of new investigators! But as I have learned lately, God has a plan for me and for each and every one of us. No matter what happens, it will always work it. 

So Aregua is awesome. It is an actual functioning ward here in Paraguay, which was pretty awesome to see. So many returned missionaries! That was super cool, and they were calling me to see if they could do visits, which NEVER has happened in my mission. One of them actually came back in December from my brother Cutter's mission in Cordoba! Then, on Saturday we were eating dinner with a young couple. They just finished building their house and it reminded me so much of a wood cabin. It was so cool! She told me that her sister was serving a mission in Cordoba. I said, "No way, so is my brother!" Then she said, "Oh cool, I will ask her if she knows him! One sec, I think Ill show you a picture of her." She showed me a pic of her sister's zone and guess who was in the picture? CUTTER! HAHA That was super awesome! Lastimosamente I forgot her name....it is probably Gon..... or something. As we were leaving her house, they had just mentioned something super funny so we were laughing pretty hard, and in a hurry to get home on time. Well, in their fence/gate to their house, they had a pretty thick metal wire stringing across the top. At 9pm, I didnt see it at all and ran straight into it. It almost sent me to the ground! Now I have a cut on my nose in between my two eyes. I was so lucky that it wasnt barbed wire....

I am headed off to Itaugua this week. It will probably be my last area so Im ready to see what it brings. I loved this week because I was reminded of how much I missed being out in the field. The mission is not easy. But I noticed the joy I receive from serving the Lord. One night this week, I was thinking about the day and read my patriarchal blessing. In it I was told I would find joy in serving in the Lord's work and I thought about every lesson and every time I felt the Spirit testify to an investigator, to a member or even to me of the truth of this gospel and I felt joy. To be able to feel and recognize the spirit is joy. To have this restored gospel in my life is joy. I am so grateful for the last 3 months I have to give it all to the Lord, and I know he will bless me and always allow me to feel joy in his service. I promise all of you that as you go about serving in the Lord's work, he will help you find joy in it. Sharing this gospel is an opportunity we all have, and when we do share it, the Lord will bless us unconditionally! 


Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment