Sunday, September 11, 2016

#teamgagaazey #Walk for Alzheimers

What a week! Well to start it off, I wanted to give a shoutout to Gaga and the Walk for Alzheimers! Not only did she have a bunch of support in Coronado but also a bunch of support here in Paraguay! (picture attached)
And then there is Joel. He came to church on Sunday! He is so cool I love being able to talk with him throughout the week. So Joel is actually an artist. He loves to do portraits and he gave us 2 pictures, one of Joseph Smith's first vision and the other of Jesus Christ. I lucked out to score this amazing portrait of Cas well because we hit 100 days in the office without a crash. That was pretty monumental so President Evans said, "Well we should celebrate!" Well we couldn't celebrate that night because Elder Parada had to drive an hour into the chaco to close a house. On our way back, we had just stopped at a red light (E.Parada was driving) when 5 seconds later, a nice young girl rear-ended us. There went that record. We pulled over and she tried to tell us it was our fault. That was pretty hilarious. Luckily, nothing too bad happened. She was in a small red car and us in a van...so her car got the worst of it haha. But man, she put up a fight backed with 3 other girls and a guy trying to explain to us somehow, it was our fault. Last time I checked though, if you crash into someone while they are stopped at a red light, it's your culpa...So that ended our streak..which meant we didn't end up celebrating unfortunately. haha 

Today we went to President's house and played Risk with Travis. He killed us. Literally. haha The Evans are so loving and nice to us. And travis is a pretty awesome kid. He is always here at the office after school with us and has become like another one of us missionaries! The other week we went on a division with him. Even though he didn't understand almost anything, he was stoked to go and do some missionary work!

This week, as I was studying the book of mormon I came across 3 Nefi 27:16
And it shall come to pass, that whoso repenteth and is baptized in my name shall be filled; and if he endureth to the end, behold, him will I hold guiltless before my Father at that day when I shall stand to judge the world.

This scripture means a lot to me. First, I will explain why it means a lot to me this week as a missionary. Joel has been super interested about repentance and has asked a lot of questions regarding that. We were explaining what happens after death and that everyone will be judged according to the desires of their hearts and the obras they do here on the earth. And he kept wanting to know more about this. Unfortunately, this scripture didn't pop into my mind while we were there, but as I was studying the next day I came across this reference in Predicad mi Evangelio. Instantly I knew it was the escritura that Joel needs to read! Now I love this scripture anways because it means that I can always be forgiven of my sins! It is so simple. Anyone that repents, gets baptized and endures to the end, o sea, that continues repenting and changing to become more like Christ until the end of their life will be held guiltless before our Heavenly Father. Guiltless! Think of that. You know that feeling that comes when you do something wrong or bad. If we don't repent of our sins, we will have that feeling forever! But, all he asks is that we intentar to become like him, perfect in every manner. Luckily, he knows we aren't perfect and doesn't expect that from us! What he does expect is that we try. If we give it our best effort, I know for a fact that we will be able to live with Him, our Heavenly Father and with our families forever! Such a great blessing to have this promise in my life! The scriptures contain the gospel of Christ and contain the path to la salvacion. All we have to do is read them and act on what we read and we will find happiness!

I love you all!
Elder Zaugg
Our Team GagaAzey

Views from our run today

Elder Parada was rear ended driving van

 Elder Hunsaker 


 Picture Joel Drew

Marcos





No comments:

Post a Comment